Thursday, October 14, 2004

Dear TiVo,

Suck it.

So far, I've wasted no less than 2 and a half hours on the phone/hold (mostly hold) with the people at TiVo. Don't get me wrong...They've all been very nice. Not necessarily always helpful (one person had me go through a series of steps that took about 40 minutes, and actually made the problem WORSE), but nice. Ultimately, their solution is a reasonable one -- they're replacing my TiVo for free. That's all well and good, but they're taking 5 business days to get it here. Now I'm faced with the prospect of a weekend without TiVo, and I'm not sure I can handle it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: stupid technology.

On the up side, this gives me the opportunity to try and bring my old TiVo back from the dead. Anyone know where I can get a cheap hard drive?

Another bonus is that I have played Burnout 3 pretty much the entire time I've been on hold. I'm now about 25% done with the game and, more importantly, decent competition for neighbor-Mike. Huzzah.

1 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger pasq242 said...

There are too many Mikes. I propose a Battle Royale. THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

I'm sorry about your TiVo, though; shit's great until it breaks. I'm glad you're getting a new one, though--much better to have a brand new one than one that's been patched back together.

I'd been fighting the idea of TiVo tooth and nail, and now that I have one, I'm hooked. I've forgotten about smack altogether!!

Of course, all I TiVo is Cartoon Network. All I watch is Cartoon Network. In fact, I don't know if I get other channels...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home