Wednesday, September 15, 2004

It's not me, it's you.

I'm still not totally convinced I should have a blog. But I've thought about it, and here's what I came up with:

An overwhelming majority of the blogs I've encountered are full of mindless bullshit and moronic whining. That's the main reason I've always thought that blogs suck. But it occurred to me that it's not necessarily the blog that sucks, or even the idea of the blog. It's the person writing it. For some reason, I never made that connection. It's not your blog that sucks -- it's you.

How that idea escaped me for so long is a mystery. Anyway, connecting the idea that people suck (something I've known for some time now) with the idea that people write blogs made me realize that I actually could write one. Of course, I've got to keep the bullshit and whining to a minimum, because I don't suck. Well, let me qualify that statement -- obviously, sucking is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe you think I suck. Maybe you don't. Either way, you're here, reading this right now. I'm not sure what that says about either of us. But, if you think I suck, odds are you're no gem yourself.

My real intention with this blog is to augment my spotty (at best) memory. Maybe if I write things down, I'll remember that they happened. I know...I'm a genius.

I don't really have much else to say right now. Feel free to comment, read any updates I may make, never come back, etc. If no one but me ever reads this, it will have served its purpose.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Lioness said...

"Either way, you're here, reading this right now. I'm not sure what that says about either of us. But, if you think I suck, odds are you're no gem yourself."

:DDDD!

Well done with the epiphany.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home