Sunday, October 17, 2004

The Champion

Well, I did it. I defeated my broken TiVo. Many thanks to Stacy and Matt for letting me use one of their many broken TiVo's to resurrect mine. I copied their hard drive onto the one I bought Friday without a hitch. Well, not entirely, but without any major problems. I had to completely erase the entire thing after I had it installed and bring it back to just having the software on it. But after that, it worked great. Now I just have to put all my season passes and thumb ratings back in so it actually does something. But it works...and it has either 107 or 129 hours of recording time, depending on who you talk to (my computer, or the device itself). The drive is a little louder than the old one, but I'm sure I'll get used to that. And next week, I'll have a brand new TiVo in my bedroom. I'm sick.

I'm going to
Naperville, IL tomorrow night for four days. I have to go learn all about the wonderful things BMC software can do for my project at work. I guess it'll be good to learn something new, but I can't say I'm thrilled about the prospect of having class 8 hours a day for four days. I haven't done that since high school. Maybe my freshman year of college, but even then, it wasn't for four days straight. My attention span isn't what it used to be, and it never was great. Of course, I've got to really try and learn some stuff, or I'll be in a world of shite when I get back. Wheeee....

Fortunately, I know NO ONE in Naperville, so it promises to be a very BORING week. Until a few weeks ago, I didn't even know where Naperville was. It's about 30 miles from Chicago. My guess is they wear pants there. Damn. Dennis is apparently in Chicago, so I may go try and hang out with him. I've never really hung out with Dennis unless we were with a bunch of people. But I did ask out his sister (to no avail) one time like 10 years ago, so I guess it'll be cool.

My basement is a mess. There's hard drives EVERYWHERE. And an open computer, and two laptops and dirty dishes and dead bodies and old mail and laundry. I need to clean up this shizzle. I WILL DO THAT POST HASTE.


p.s. -- Only 30 shopping days 'till Michelle's birthday. Ack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home